Climate risk resources & tools
There is a growing need for information, advice and guidance to support the finance sector in mobilising and mainstreaming ESG thinking and practice across various institutions.
Data and Tools
This section provides access to data and tools relevant to ESG and the sustainable finance landscape. For more reports, guidelines, and technical documents please see the resource library.
Principles and Frameworks
- UNEP Finance Initiative Principles for Responsible Banking
- UNEP Finance Initiative Principles for Sustainable Insurance
- IFC Operating Principles for Impact Management
- IIGCC Net Zero Investment Framework
Climate Risk Scenario and Assessment tools
Commitments & Targets
- The Paris Agreement Capital Transition Assessment (PACTA)
- Partnership for Carbon Accounting Financials
- Science Based Targets Initiative
Reporting and Metrics
Summary of methods to integrate sustainable financing
The Sustainable Finance Handbook for South Africa, draft publication of June 2021 (Delivered by Carbon Trust to the SA National Treasury Sustainable Finance Working Group) identified emerging ESG methods and tools.